One of the most important things you can do for your cooling system is to clean it each spring. Taking the time to clean your HVAC system will prevent issues with dust being blown into your home along with other airborne ailments. Here are some places you can get started with your home’s spring cleaning:
- Replace the furnace filter monthly if possible to improve the air flow of your HVAC system’s efficiency.
- Check the drainage hole on the backside of the cabinet.
- Check the insulation of the coolant line.
- Use a small paintbrush to clean around the exterior of your air conditioner.
- Clean around the air conditioner to remove leaves and other debris that could impact the airflow of the system when it is in use.
- Clean out the gutters to allow water to properly flow off the roof of the home and out and away from the home.
Contact HVAC Utah
When you have completed these steps, you should be able to see an impact in the way your HVAC system is working. We recommend contacting HVAC Utah yearly for spring cleaning.